Friday 15 May 2009

A Quick Decision

So there we were, trapped by an old lady and her monster dog that lay in wait somewhere in the building, watching for us to leave our room. Himself is not usually the most patient of men yet he seemed prepared to wait and who was I to argue.

I joined him at the window and we both stood looking down in to the garden, hoping to spot the dog so we could make a run for it. "Look at that," I said pointing to a very large pile of silage towering above the garden fence. "Bet that's not good for trade in the summer."

"There's a lot of things here that won't be good for trade" he replied and turned to walk to the door.

"She told us to wait," I pleaded. "I'm not leaving this room until she comes back." Hoping to keep him in the room I launched in to a series of pitiful comments about the room. "The en-suite is just a cupboard, someone's just put a frame around an old loo and sink.... Look at those sheets, I don't think they've been changed since the last occupant." Himself wasn't listening.

"This is ridiculous, I'm not wasting my time with this I've seen enough," he said.

No comments: